4/29/2020 - Now Hiring: ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
DARIEN ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
The Darien Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time entry level Probationary Police Officer. Applicants must go to www.policeapp.com to apply.
- Candidates must have earned a minimum of sixty credits from an accredited college or university, OR a minimum of two years full active military duty plus 30 credits, OR previous law enforcement experience plus 30 credits.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age at the time the application is submitted.
- Prior police experience will be evaluated on a case by case basis, however, certified officers must participate in the full Entry Level testing process.
- A valid CHIP card and a minimum passing score of 70% on the CPCA Entry Level Written Exam are required prior to applying.
- In addition, potential candidates will be required to complete and successfully pass a staff interview, Police Commission interview, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation, medical examination and a thorough background investigation.
- Salary Range $71,133--$98,941
- Extra Duty Rate of $65/hour
- 20 year defined benefit pension, no minimum age
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Up to 25 Days Paid Vacation per year
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Evening and Night Shift Differential
- College Tuition Reimbursement
- Uniform & Equipment Purchase Allowance
- Uniform Cleaning Allowance
- Regional Emergency Response Team
- School Resource Officers
- Traffic Unit
- Accident Investigation Team
- Scuba Team
- Marine Division
- Field Training Officer
- Detective Bureau
- Domestic Violence Liaison
- Community Service
- Public Information
- Any Felony Convictions
- Any Conviction of a Class A or Class B Misdemeanor (under CT Law or in any other jurisdiction that if committed in this state, would constitute a Class A or B misdemeanor.)
- Conviction of any act which would constitute perjury or false statement
- Conviction for any domestic violence related misdemeanor crime.
- Applicant must not have been dismissed from any law enforcement unit for malfeasance or other serious misconduct.
- Applicant must not have resigned or retired from any law enforcement position while under investigation for any malfeasance or misconduct.
A competitive wage and benefits package will be offered in accordance with the current labor contract. At this time there are no visible tattoos while in uniform. This may change in the near future with restrictions (please inquire). Closing date for applications is June 26. Any questions should be directed to Lt. Alison Hudyma at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-662-5342. Veterans, women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. The Darien Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).