7/19/2021 - Town of Darien Fireworks Advisory
Date: July 19, 2021
Re: Town of Darien Fireworks Advisory
Issued by: Captain Jeremiah P. Marron Jr.
- The Darien Police Department will enforce traffic regulations and monitor security for the Town’s fireworks display on Thursday July 22, 2021 at Darien High School (DHS).
- A parking pass is required to park on DHS campus grounds. Parking passes will not be sold at the event.
- All paid parking traffic will enter DHS campus from Noroton Avenue. Parking passes must be visible on the vehicle dashboard
- All foot traffic and off-campus parking is free.
- Guests are urged to allow sufficient time to walk to the display areas to alleviate anticipated traffic problems. Walking access is permitted onto campus from all roads that lead to DHS.
- The main entrance (Noroton Avenue) will open at 6:30 P.M.
- A handicap permit is required to park in the limited handicap parking spaces available.
- Due to the large number of vehicles expected, parking regulations and designated tow away zones will be strictly enforced.
- Vehicles in hazardous locations, impeding traffic flow, or are blocking driveways will be towed. When parking capacity has been reached, Noroton Avenue extension will be closed to vehicular traffic.
- No parking will be allowed on Noroton Avenue. Parking is permitted on the south side of the public portion of Holly Lane and the west side of Libby Lane.
- Free parking is available at Middlesex Middle School and McGuane Field.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on school property. As a safety precaution, all bags, backpacks and coolers will be subject to inspection.
- Parents are reminded that they will not be allowed onto DHS campus grounds to pick up their children until after the roads are clear.
- For the safety of all spectators, light colored clothing should be worn and if possible, spectators should carry a flashlight or a chemical light.
- An emergency services command post will be located in the parking lot near the football field entrance. This command post will serve as a “lost and found” location during the event.
##END OF RELEASE##