Memorial Day Parade Advisory
The Town of Darien Memorial Day Parade will be held on Monday, May 30, 2016. Traffic detours and restrictions will be in effect at some locations beginning at 8 a.m.
The Darien Police Department will be deploying additional assets to the parade. As a safety precaution, spectators are asked to avoid bringing backpacks or large bags to the event.
The parade will step off from Goodwives Shopping Center on Old Kings Highway North at 10 a.m., proceeding up Brookside Road and turning left onto Post road. The parade will proceed westbound on Post Road and end in the area of Spring Grove Cemetery. In order to provide a safe environment and to accommodate parade participants and spectators, Darien Police advise the following:
- There will be no on-street parking on Sedgwick Avenue, Mechanic Street or Old Kings Highway North near the entrance to Goodwives Shopping Center.
- The Brookside Road and Old Kings Highway North approaches to Goodwives Shopping Center will be closed to all vehicular traffic at 8 a.m.
- All vehicles participating in the parade shall enter Goodwives Shopping Center via Sedgwick Avenue or Mechanic Street.
- Persons dropping off parade participants shall use Sedgwick Avenue or Mechanic Street.
- No vehicles will be allowed to travel on Post Road from Interstate-95 entrance 13 westbound to Old Kings Highway South during the parade.
- Old Kings Highway South from Goodwives River Road to Post Road will be posted a "no parking" area.
- Spectators are reminded to remain on sidewalks, curbsides, or as close as practical to the roadway edge throughout the duration of the parade. This is necessary to ensure the safety of viewers and marchers alike.
- Motorists are advised to avoid the downtown area during the parade. A large contingent of Darien police officers will be assigned to traffic posts before and during the parade.
Thank you for your cooperation.